Although quite rare in Germany, a few of our customers use MacBooks at home for the home office. Last week a customer created a ticket, that he couldn’t print on his home printer, although printer redirection was allowed for him in Citrix Studio. At first, I suggested the usual troubleshooting steps, like updating the Citrix Workspace app for Mac and checking the local preferences of the app. Obviously, both didn’t help. I then checked the problem myself and didn’t find an obvious problem. A quick search then led me to two Citrix KB articles, which revealed a knowledge gap on my side:
Client Printing from Linux/MAC is not available on Windows Server 2016 and 2019 (out of the box)
The following Citrix knowledge base articles explain what’s necessary to activate that feature:
- CTX283355: Client Printing from Linux/MAC is not working on Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- CTX140208: Citrix Workspace App for Mac and Linux fail to Redirect Local printer to Citrix Sessions
Summary of the knowledge base articles:
- Download the HP driver update for HP Color LaserJet 2800 Series PS driver from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Inject the driver into the operating system.
- Add the printer driver to the printer driver store.
- The next time the user logs on, it will just work.